Become a volunteer! Get involved!
You would you like to help those around you, but yet you haven`t identified the most appropriate way to do it… Now you have the opportunity to become a real Young Volunteer and contribute at the development of your community.
Let`s make history together!
Let`s write the Young Volunteer history!
If you want to be a part of something important like this, to find out what kind of volunteering activities you want to get involved in and to give life to your passions and skills, we invite you to start the most interesting journey right now!
All you have to do is SIGN UP for the third Volunteer Pilot Campaign, organized through the `Young Volunteer` project.
Volunteering is more than helping somebody else. It’s an education for life, a way of living and an activity with an important world impact.
Volunteering offers you the chance to engage in various activities, to create new opportunities for yourself, encourages diversity and equality, creating new friendships etc. Volunteering is creating responsibility, increases your potential and, also, the one of your team, by creating real values.
The volunteering event is intended exclusively for students from the high schools `Mihai Eminescu` from Calarasi and `Vasil Levski` from Glavinitsa.
This campaign is organized in the context of the International Day for the Reduction of Natural Disaster Risk, having as means the promoting of a global culture on reducing the effects of these phenomena, including awareness of their destructive effects, their prevention, mitigation and disaster preparedness.
This context represents an opportunity to organize new actions to increase the resilience of communities and nations in case of disasters.
Thus, within the third volunteering campaign, with the support of the Inspectorate for Emergency Situations "Barbu Știrbei" of Calarasi county, we will organize preventive information courses on the risks generating natural disasters, the rules of behaviour when they occur, as well as and presentation of the equipment of intervention in the event of disasters and how it is used.
It is known that 90% of all natural disasters are related to weather, climate and water. Statistics from the last decade show us that the total number of natural disasters, including hydrometeorological ones, are increasing both in frequency and intensity.
Such meteorological phenomena lead to an increase in the number of victims, but also to significant material damage.
Since most disasters cannot be avoided, in order to significantly reduce human life losses and limit the loss of property, it is best for us to be properly informed. Defending against these risks requires, first and foremost, their knowledge.
Correct information leads to an appropriate, efficient and rapid way of behaviour that can significantly reduce the loss of human life and considerably limit material losses.
At the level of the Romanian-Bulgarian cross-border region - Calarasi - Silistra area, natural hazards are represented by dangerous meteorological phenomena (storms, tornadoes, floods, drought, frost) and destructive phenomena of geological origin, such as earthquakes.
In order to prevent, and reduce the risks of natural disasters, through this pilot event we will organize a practical, interactive course, which will have the role of contributing to the personal development of the volunteers, through the following: stimulating the desire to learn notions, skills and habits to - themselves appropriate behaviours in situations of risk and in granting first aid, by participating in a practical introductory course on specific emergency response measures and methods of providing first aid to victims affected by disasters / disasters; involvement in volunteering activities aimed at protecting the environment, by participating in tree planting activities and cleaning actions.
By informing yourself you become stronger in the face of natural disasters. Only together we will respond in the most correct way possible in the emergency situations!
Details about the activities to be carried out within the volunteer campaign can be found in the Agenda below:
3rd Pilot Volunteering Campaign AGENDA
- Thursday, October 17th 2019
- 14:00 – 15:30 – Registration of the participants & handing project`s promotional materials
- 15:30 – 15:40 – Official opening of the volunteering campaign
- 15:40 – 15:50 – Brief presentation of the volunteering campaign program
- 15:50 – 17:00 – Icebreaker session & Initiation into volunteering activities
- 19:30 – 23:00 – Welcoming party
- Friday, October 18th 2019
- 09:00 – 09:15 – Arrival & gathering participants in the inner courtyard of the high school
- 09:15 – 09:30 – Volunteering at Calarasi Emergency Situations Inspectorate
- recruitment, selection and involvement of young volunteers in emergency
situations missions carried out by Calarasi Emergency Situations Inspectorate
- 09:30 – 11:00 – Interactive courses on emergency response:
• Behaviour in case of fire
- Fire prevention measures
• Behaviour in the event of a flood
• Specific measures of protection and behaviour in case of earthquake
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Fire Drill - evaluation procedure at the high school (simulation exercise)
- 11:15 – 11:30 – Coffee break
- 11:30 – 13:00 – Interactive courses on first aid:
• Methods of providing first aid to victims in case of fire
- Providing first aid in case of burns or carbon monoxide poisoning
• Methods of providing first aid to victims in case of flooding
- Providing first aid in case of hypothermia
• Methods of providing first aid to victims in the event of an earthquake
- Providing first aid in case of trauma
- Saturday, October 19th 2019
- 09:00 – 09:15 – Arrival & gathering of participants in the Central Park - "Queen" restaurant
- 09:15 – 11:00 – Planting trees in the green area of Jirlau lake
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Cleaning action in the "La Salcii" restaurant area
- 12:00 – 12:30 – Ending the 3rd volunteering campaign
Please note that any information regarding the Official Program can be modified before October 17th.
We recommend that you regularly check the program until the day of the event. Details can be found on the project's website - www.youngvolunteer.eu, as well as on the Facebook page @YoungVolunteerProject.
Requirements for volunteers
- he/she must be declared medically fit for performing the functions within the component volunteering activity in which he or she is to serve;
- the written consent of his or her parent or parents or guardian, if he or she is still under the age of 18;
- he/she must participate in all activities included in the volunteer campaign program;
- behave in a civilized and responsible manner, respect the rules established by the organizers and trainers and accept the consequences in the event that he/she will not behave as such;
- wear suitable clothing adapted to the type of activity undertaken or to be undertaken;
- use the equipment suitable for the type of activity undertaken or to be undertaken, given by the Organizer;
- comply with all the rules of conduct presented by the activity manager, as well as the instructions received to carry out the activities established by the program;
- he/she is not allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, drugs or hallucinogenic substances during the Volunteering campaign;
- behave politely, responsibly and follow the rules set by the organizers and not take actions that could endanger their own health or safety for them or of the other participants.
Failure to comply with the above rules will result in exclusion from the event!